Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Number of Things

Once again its been over a month since I have posted anything on here.  I just can't get the hang of blogging often.  I always feel like I should have to have something to show on my posts. 

I have been knitting quite a bit, but have no photos to show for it.  I will have them soon, I promise.  Once the rain stops and the sun comes back out so that I have good light for pictures.  So far this month (incase anyone cares) we have had almost 5 inches of rain here in Bangor.  

Currently on the needles I have my final 6 Kingdoms Yarn Club project.  Its an adoreable lion named Reggie.  I have finished his legs and arms but got stuck on the stomach so I have to frog and start over.  Reggie still doesn't have a body, I put him on hold for a bit.  Hopefully I will be able to work on him tonight.  Once I am done grocery shopping and cooking dinner.

Last night I managed to finish my first pair of ankle socks. The pattern is from a great book that I recieved for my birthday entitled Knitting in the Round by Jeanne Stauffer.  I may not have picked this book on my own but it turns out there are a lot of little things in there that I can't wait to make. 

The Laugh socks are finished (the socks that my monster knit for me in the previous post).  I think these are giong to become my favorite pair of socks. 

I have been trying to work diligently to complete my goals for this year, and man is it going slowly.  I feel like I haven't used up any yarn thus far. I have stuck to my guns though and have not bought any yarn.  I have even visited a couple of yarn shops and still managed to resist the temptation!

I cleaned out/reorganized my knitting corner on Sunday and realized that I had some yarn that I had forgotten about.  Its a beautiful tencel yarn from a local farm called End Of World Farm, I remember buying this yarn because it was on super sale at the LYS.  I only have 2 skeins which equals about 526yard so I think I will be making a nice lace scarf with it. 

Photos soon!

Happy Knitting

No comments: